Monday 7 July 2014

Odd days at work

Mentioning the emails that I receive on a daily basis  in my previous blog didn't actually explain what types of emails I receive from students.  I will share with you one particular email that is a riddle rather than a request.  Its from a student who has a sick child, are you feeling empathetic already? then read on:




مرحبا Hello
بداية اتقدم لك بالشكر الجزيل على التواصل معي , و اود ان انتهز هذه الفرصة لأتقدم لكم بالمباركة بحلول الشهر الفضيل اعاده الله علينا عليك بالصحة والعافية . I wish you all the best in the Month of Ramadhan and hope that you will have health and happiness in it.
كما اود ان اؤكد لكم بان طلبي يجب ان يتم تحقيق فيه الطلبات التاليه دون نقص وهي كتاليI would like to emphasis few points as follows:  
1-المدينة كبيرة و امنه . The city has to be large an safe
2-المدينه رخيصة .The city has to be affordable
3-قبول في الماجستير في تخصص من تخصصات المحاسبة .I want an acceptance in masters of accounting
4-القبول يكون مشروط باللغة الانجليزية لا يزيد عن 6 في ايلتس .My acceptance has to be conditional on IELTS of 6.5
5-القبول بدون شرط GMAT ( استثناء من GMAT). 
I don't want the acceptance to be conditional on GMAT
6-الجامعة والمعهد في نفس المدينة . I want to do English and university study in the same city
7-ان يوجد في نفس المدينة مستشفى كبير  او مدينة طبية  متخصصون في علاج ضعف السمع والتأخر في النطق والكلام .There must be a hospital in the same city for children with special needs
8-عدد المواد في دراسة الماجستير لا تزيد 11 مادة او 30 ساعة او بحد اقصى 36 ساعة  The number of courses in the masters not more than 11 or 30 hours and maximum 36 hours.
9-ويكون برنامج الماجستير في المحاسبة  هو عبار عن كورسات تدرس فقط بدون رسالة للتخرج  The masters programme has to be taught not research.
10-الجامعة والمعهد يكونون معتمدين من قبل وزارة التعليم العالي في المملكة العربية السعوديه Both the language school and the university has to be approved by the ministry in Saudi Arabia.
مع ملاحظة التالي  Please note the following:
• بداية دراسة المعهد سوف تكون في شهر 6 من عام 2015م وبعدها بسنه كاملة تبداء دراسة الماجستير للمحاسبة I want to start in June 2015 for a year and start the masters in September 2015 
• دفع الرسوم مرتبط بتوفير المتطلبات اعلاه كامله  I will only pay your fees if you can satisfy all the above conditions

فضلا تزويدي بأي اقتراحات او ملاحظات please provide me with any suggestions or notes?.

Where are my mathematicians to solve this riddle for me.  and by the way, this student wants to go to USA

This is just one example of the emails that we receive on a daily basis.  I love them though

No comments:

Post a Comment